In a burst of new found enthusiasm, plus a large amount of fear of the unknown as I move to a new country, I have booked flights and some accomodation and made some plans for my short assault on the Philippines.
I have allowed two weeks, which I am really hoping I am going to find is too short as I am loving the place…. But I took the easy option and went short, guess I can always go back or even cancel my flight out to Bangkok if I am having the time of my life.
Tomorrow morning I farewell Malaysia and head to Singapore by bus and then fly to Puerto Princesa on the island of Palawan (away from the recent earthquake in Negros), via Manila on Friday.
- Puerto Princesa, Palawan, 3 nights at Banwa Pension
- Van bus to El Nido, Palawan, 3 nights – snorkel, dive, maybe mountain bike ?
- Puerto Princesa again, 1 night
- Fly to Cebu, Visayas, 2 nights
- Malapascua Island, Visayas, (diving) Ocean Vida Resort, 4 nights – yep another resort, though this is a cheap(ish) one and I wanted to be on the beach and near to the dive shops.
- Cebu again, 1 night
- fly to Bangkok !
so yeah, getting organised.
Now to get on to doing the blog posts for Thaipusam and Melaka, plus edit the photos, I have had a couple of “when are we seeing the photos” emails… Don’t expect anything tonight, though I may reply to some emails. Booking flights and accommodation is time consuming!